Call for organisations working on Tourism and Hydrogen - join a Targeted Project today!
Introducing Targeted Projects, an exciting new opportunity to engage with leading research institutes, entrepreneurs & policy makers from within the France (Channel) England programme area to take your ideas to the next level.
Connecting with the right organisations to develop your project idea into an economically viable and replicable product or service is not always easy. That’s why we’ve created Targeted Projects. This fantastic new ‘top down’ approach means there are currently opportunities to get involved with two projects which have been researched and designed by us!
Our first two Targeted Projects will focus on the following areas.
- Integration of hydrogen based solutions in smart systems, focusing on energy storage and methanation
- Development of tourism in the Programme area, focusing on extending the season in coastal and rural areas.
You can find more details about Targeted Projects and how the process will work below. Please read this carefully before registering your interest in one of the projects.
We’ve also produced a handy document with all the information you need! Click here to download.
To register you interest in a targeted project click here.
What are Targeted Projects?
- Targeted Projects are larger than usual projects that will be developed by the Programme to meet pre-identified market driven needs, through a ‘top down approach’. This means we’ll work closely with French and UK partners to build the project and to complete the application form.
- Targeted projects will still have to submit a full application form and will need to be approved by the Programme’s Project Selection Committee.
- Each targeted project will tackle a key issue that the Programme has identified as being particularly important to the economic and sustainable development of the Channel area.
What subjects will the Targeted Projects be focusing on?
- To begin with we’ll be focusing on two Targeted Projects - Hydrogen and Tourism. Further details of these projects can be found in our Targeted Projects Handbook.
- More Targeted Projects may be developed in the future, on other key topics for the Programme area.
Why should you get involved?
- Exciting new opportunities for collaboration in areas of particular interest to the Programme and its stakeholders.
- The funding mechanism provides a gateway to engagement with leading research institutes, entrepreneurs & policy makers.
- To test the feasibility of your idea and make sure it will work
- To create a new product, process or service, or improve an existing one
- To develop your innovative idea into an economically viable and replicable product or service.
What can you expect from us?
- A very high level of support which increases your chance of securing the funding you need as the topic of the project has been identified by the Programme Monitoring Committee as being particularly relevant to the Programme area.
- Support from a team of facilitators and finance officers to lead the development of the project, the partnership and the drafting of the application form.
- A streamlined process, with the full application planned for submission by the end of June. A decision on approval will then be taken by the end of September.
How can you get involved?
- If you are interested in taking part in one of the two targeted projects, you need to register your interest here. Registration will close on the 16 February 2018.
- We want to make sure each organisation has something unique to contribute to the development of the project so please take some time to consider and explain why you are interested in this project and what your organisation has to offer.
- We’ll be running a ‘Project Lab’ for each of the projects in the spring to help you to develop the idea so please make sure when you register you can attend these events as well.
Hydrogen Project Lab
Location: Paris (Venue TBC)
Date: 07 March 2018
Tourism Project Lab
Location: Paris (Venue TBC)
Date: 08 March 2018
What will happen next?
- We will review all the expressions of interest submitted and contact you if we have any questions.
- We will then send you an invitation to confirm your place. We’ll also share more information in advance of the targeted projects labs, so that you know what to expect on the day.
- The targeted projects labs will be one-day events, where organisations will have an opportunity to network and work closely with a team from the Interreg FCE programme to start building the project. It will be a hands on day where you will be able to agree on activities and outputs for the projects, as well as a lead partner organisation.
- Once the partnership is confirmed, we will lead the drafting of the application form, working closely with the lead partner and the project partners, in order for the application form to be ready for submission by the end of June.
- The Selection Sub Committee will meet in September to give its final decision on the project.
If you have any questions about Targeted Projects, please get in touch by sending an email to the team at email@example.com.