Privacy and Cookies
Updated June 2018
The purpose of this page
We want to tell you how we use your personal information. In this case it relates to contact details you have provided and we use, with your agreement, to keep you informed about the events or the services you have signed up to on the Interreg France (Channel) England website.
All data is stored and managed in accordance with the Programme’s Managing Authority’s (Norfolk County Council) privacy notice. Details of Norfolk County Council’s main privacy notice can be found on the website www.norfolk.gov.uk
Data Controller: Norfolk County Council (the County Council) of
Norfolk County Council has appointed a data protection officer (DPO), his contact details are;
Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk
What information we hold: your name, address and other contact details, including telephone numbers and email addresses. You have provided this information, and we ask for your assistance in keeping it up to date.
What we use the information for: to send you newsletters, to keep you informed about events and services, including the event you have registered for by contacting you by phone and electronic communications including email.
Our legal basis for using your information: This is with your express agreement (you can withdraw this agreement at any time by contacting email@example.com)
If you choose not to give personal information. You can choose not to give your personal information or withdraw your consent at any time. This means we will not be able to keep you up to date with events and services or give you feedback on the project idea you have submitted via the website.
How we use your information to make automated decisions. We do not intend to use your contact details to make automated decisions.
Where we store your data. We store your information on our electronic filing systems. This is not stored outside the European Economic Area.
How long will we retain your information for? In this case, we retain your information only for as long as you continue to give your agreement to the Council communicating with you to keep you informed. Additionally we will hold you information until the end of the programming period for the Interreg France (Channel) England Programme (December 2023). You can withdraw this agreement at any time and we will delete your contact details from our list.
Who we share your information with. We will only use your data within the Council to contact you for the purposes you have agreed to. Exceptionally, we may pass your information to another public authority where there is a legal requirement or it is otherwise in the public interest to do so. Your details may also be shared with members of the Programme’s Monitoring Committee. A list of members can be found here.
You have rights to
- Request access to your personal information held by the Council.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information
- Object to processing. You have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In this case, this would have the same effect as withdrawing your agreement, as above.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the rights referred to above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, and may prevent you from accessing some services available on this website.